Choose Affiliate Marketing for a business
- Affiliate Marketing is really a very easy way to make a passive income every day. Whether you are looking for a part-time or full-time income Affiliate Marketing gives you this opportunity.
- One is not restricted as to where one chooses to work from whether from home or anywhere you desire.
- There is no product purchases, customer service or billing because as an Affiliate Marketer you will be earning commissions for selling someone else’s products and services through your own website.
- the Internet is still a level playing field so that a beginner or not can compete and even outperform large companies.
- The start-up costs are relatively small to get started in the Affiliate area.
- The Internet marketing industry has been forecast to grow to $7 Billion per year in the next 5 years so Affiliate Marketing has a very bright future!
Firstly it is necessary to implement systems or in other words a roadmap so that you will accomplish your daily tasks to keep you on track. Internet marketing requires discipline, therefore, it is important to separate your work time from your play time online (surfing online and games etc.) It should be your daily plan to get your online business up and running and ultimately profitable.
Researching And Choosing A Niche.
This process will be one of the most important decisions you will make. It is considered that for your first niche you choose something you know, love and are passionate about as this is what your content will be about.
Of course just because it is your passion will not necessarily make it a lucrative market to submit online. For example, if your niche is too narrow and wouldn’t have a large audience or too broad a topic which will expose you to much more competition that you will have a hard time gaining ground with either.
Which Niche Should You Choose?
The three best, timeless, markets to pursue online are considered to be:
- Health and Fitness
These are broad topics but we all know something about each of these subjects and they are topics on which folks minds are on each day and often cause the most problems, so perhaps it would be wise to pick a market that is related in some way with one of these topics.
Maybe it’s a good idea to think about the problems most people struggle with or are looking to solve. People want to make life easier if they can. So don’t be too afraid of competition in your niche as money is already being made in these areas.
Tips For Finding Profit-Making Niches.
- I believe in making a list of your passions, expertise or interests.
- Look at who are your competitors – competition is good as it shows where the money is being made.
- Categories like money, health and fitness and relationships.
- Talk to and listen to what other people are passionate about, even search social media groups and join them.
- Magazines are an excellent source as they cater to specific niche markets that are popular
- Use Google as a great search engine. Search your niche keywords (a particular word or phrase that describes the contents of your Web page) Are there paid advertisements for keywords on your topic?
- Visit Bookstores and look at specific topics.
- A suggestion is to target the affluent markets with hard to find products and services with affiliate programs which are listed below.
- The key is to look for things people have to buy rather than want to buy, for example, weight loss or diabetes.
- Start paying attention to TV commercials and note the methods being used to get your attention to act on your impulses. Companies spend big $$$ on TV adverts.
- In looking at your niche access if there is an opportunity to have add-ons to expand your market once you have chosen your niche eg. cameras with camera bag add-on or camera tripod add-on.
- Affiliates to consider are eBay.com and Amazon.com where you can browse by subject for products.
- Focus on only ONE niche and become totally familiar with it. If your original niche doesn’t work out then find another one.
- ClickBank.com is the largest and most profitable digital retailer and has tens of thousands of products.
- Another gold mine of ideas to consider is magazines.com where there are lots of niche ideas.
Choosing A Domain Name.
Domain names are extremely important yet still relatively cheap to purchase so that if a wrong domain name is chosen then it’s not going to be a big drama and break the budget to replace it. At Wealthy Affiliate, domains are only $13.99.
You will need to check what phrases and keywords other people are searching for so as to determine which phrase would be best for your niche. Write 5-7 keywords or phrases which you have used in your chosen niche to help in the search for the best domain name.
Write 5-7 keywords or phrases which you have used in your chosen niche to help in the search for the best domain name. Note which group of words gets the most searches and also try using both singular or plural words as well like; car versus cars, guitar versus guitars.
Where to Search For Keywords
I highly recommend Wealthy Affiliate Keyword Tool and Keyword List. You can use Jaxxy Keyword Search which is also available at Wealthy Affiliate. Also, you can type your keywords eg. “Best photography training” into Google or into Google Keyword Planner.
Niche Keywords In Domain Name
Including niche keywords in your domain name will show searchers what your content is about quickly and will help them to click on your site. It doesn’t seem to matter a lot of difference whether you place the niche keyword at the beginning or at the end ie. ‘Best Photography Training.com’ or ‘Photography Training Expert.com’.
Choose a dot.com name if at all possible as it seems automatic now for people when looking for a particular subject to type in the Keyword.com
Domain Name should be kept as short as possible
This isn’t always easy to do so choose a name that narrows down your topic and avoids numbers or hyphens in the name.
Choose an easy to spell Domain Name.
Copyright Names or Brands
Be careful not to use brand names of an Affiliate product without first contacting the company as this could be illegal.
How To Set Up Your Website
Wealthy Affiliate teaches you Step-By-Step how to get started in setting up your website in WordPress. It is really easy to create and lots of fun!
For your success online it is very important to have good content. We are not all born writers and I’m certainly not one you just have to be able to communicate your message to the audience online. Some may choose to find a writer for their site called a ghostwriter, the choice, of course, is yours if you are not confident in your ability.
Getting Traffic To Your Website
By now your website should be up and be running although the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will take a little time to find your site and index it so it can be viewed. This may not happen until you have added more content. You are going to add more content regularly as the more Google sees you know about your subject the sooner they will index it. So you won’t get loads of traffic past your door just yet.
In the meantime use mailing lists if you have any (don’t buy any as they are unreliable) and notify your friends about your website to start to get it out there.
Use Social Media
Focus on making friends by joining Social Groups to let people know you exist. Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google+ to name a few.
Joining An Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate has the most helpful support group I have come across with over 800,000 members worldwide consisting of both mature and professionals from various walks of life.
The Company provides tutorials and regular webinars with a forum to ask any questions you may have.
You will receive free:
- Course number 1 free
- Two free fully hosted websites
- Access to WordPress Express Platform which is exclusive to Wealthy Affiliate
- Blogging Platform
- Follow and be followed by a network of very helpful network of friends
- Moral and emotional support.
Wealthy Affiliate has one of the most exciting programs available anywhere online and you can earn consistent revenue by simply referring others to the community.
I hope you will find time to check out Wealthy Affiliate.
Take action today and start your own journey and reap the rewards.
What have you got to lose, don’t take my word for it try it for yourself!
Comments are always appreciated and if you have further questions I am only too happy to answer them.